One of our favorite recipes that was created over a period of time as more and more ingredients were added at the request of family members such as coconut, rasins, flax seed and cinnamon. We think it's the best!
- 1 Cup Slivered Almonds
- 4 Cups Quick Oats
- 4 Cups Old Fashioned Oats (Or you can use all old fashioned oats)
- 3/4 Cup Raw Sunflower Seeds (Optional)
- 2 Cups Shredded Coconut (Unsweetened)
- 3/4 Cup Flax Seeds (Optional)
- 2 Cups Wheat Germ
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Cup Oil
- 3/4 Cup Water
- 3/4 Cup MapleWorxz Maple Syrup
- 2 Tbs Vanilla
Mix the oil, water, maple syrup and vanilla well together and pour and stir into the dry mixture and Mix all well.
Set the Oven at 300 degrees and spread the mixture over a large rectangle cookie sheet (1 or 2) and place into the oven.
Stir the mixture every 10 minutes for 30 minutes watching it closely to avoid the granola getting dark from the heat.
After the 30 minutes, remove from the oven and add raisins or dried cranberries to the mixture.
- Store in a sealed container, preferably glass which is our choice rather than plastic
- Add your favorite fruits and yogurt with the Maple Granola in a bowl and enjoy!